Welcome back to The GenerationXit Podcast. Today I’m pleased to introduce you to an inspiring couple, Susana and Luke Hancock. The Hancocks are a location independent husband and wife team, currently based in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand. In 2016 they set up a consultancy, training and online coaching business which empowers people to lead more meaningful, purpose-driven lives, called www.coachingselfempowerment.com. Since they started in 2016, they have supported over 500 individuals through their work.
How The Hancocks Developed Their Online Coaching Business
Susana and Luke have an interesting background. Now in the early forties, they both left high-flying corporate careers in Europe after experiencing burnout in their respective careers. After spending time as individuals travelling and reflecting on what they wanted in life, they met in 2011, got married, and moved to Asia together to set up their dream business.
www.coachingselfempowerment.com uses an holistic approach to deliver coaching-led training around personal development, self empowerment, career development and nutrition. The business also provides consultancy to organisations on urban sustainability, personal development and healthy nutrition. The business also provides 1:1 coaching to individuals.
Please note, this interview was recorded before the Covid-19 pandemic took hold and as such it makes reference to a few ‘in room’ training courses in various Asian cities, which no longer occur. Since then, the Hancocks have moved their entire offer online – something they were planning to do anyway.
Podcast: How a Couple Found Freedom With Their Online Coaching Business
This podcast contains the following content:
- The Hancocks’ former corporate careers, and how they independently used burnout to transform their lives for the better.
- Their relationship story: how they met and fell in love in 2011, and decided to create a purpose-led, location independent life together in Asia.
- The different parts of their coaching, training and consultancy business.
- How the business uses an holistic approach to support people with their physical health, mental health, emotional health and spiritual health.
- The Hancocks’ views on how important it is to undertake personal development if you are living a location independent lifestyle.
- How self limiting beliefs can impact on your performance as a digital nomad entrepreneur or freelancer – and how personal development work can free you from that.
- How people can achieve a more purpose-driven life through finding their community.
- How their business is going and their plans to deliver more online training in the future.
- The habits required to lead a purpose driven, satisfying life.
- Their tips for others who are thinking of becoming location independent: ‘find out what good looks like’ and understand that failure is part of the process.
Learn more about Susana and Luke on their website, www.coachingselfempowerment.com.
Liked The GenerationXit Podcast? Subscribe today: