Today on the GenerationXit Podcast I’m delighted to be speaking with Marc Cronin, a 44 year old former mechanical engineer from the UK. Two years ago, Marc left his career and set up a new, location independent business selling online courses.
Marc explains how he’s used his knowledge and expertise to create and sell online courses for other mechanical engineers. These teach people how to programme CNC machines, which are used in the aerospace and car manufacturing industries to manufacture parts. Now he lives a digital nomad lifestyle, selling his courses through his website, gcodetutor.com.
By steadily marketing his courses over time, Marc has been able to replace his full time income as a mechanical engineer. Mechanical engineering is very much a ‘location-based’ profession, so it’s really interesting to learn how Marc has transformed his knowledge into an entirely digital business, which he runs from his laptop. At the moment he’s expanding his courses to include hobbyists, as well professionals.
We recorded this interview live in the garden of Kohub, a digital nomad community on the island of Koh Lanta, Thailand. With this in mind please excuse the sound of live cockerels!
Podcast Interview on How to Sell Online Courses – with Former Mechanical Engineer Marc Cronin
In the audio interview we talk about:
– How Marc made the transition from being a mechanical engineer to niche online course creator.
– How going through a divorce prompted him to re-evaluate his life and what he was trying to achieve with it.
– How he has had to learn a huge variety of skills since becoming a digital nomad entrepreneur.
– What his grown up children think of his new venture.
– How he has learned from other location independent entrepreneurs along the way.
– Marc’s advice for other people who want to start a business and become location independent.
Marc relays his experiences around how he got through that difficult first year, what to do when you feel like giving up, and how his personal motto is “never stop learning”.
>>Join the growing number of people aged 40 and above who are location independent, working from their laptops from anywhere in the world. Download my short, free eBook which shows you how to make a plan which is realistic and works for you<<
Liked The GenerationXit Podcast? Subscribe today:
Would you like a free copy of my new eBook ‘Becoming location independent over 40’? Get yours here.
Thanks for listening and I’ll see you in Episode 8.