On today’s episode of the GenerationXit Podcast I’m delighted to catch up with Elissa Jane Mastel, a 50 year old American who is living in a van full time as a digital nomad marketer.
Elissa Jane is a really inspiring guest. After many years of being a single mum, she opted for a digital nomad lifestyle when her son left home last year. She sold her apartment, and in April 2019 bought her van so that she could work on the road, travel and snowboard as much as possible.
Since then she has journeyed across North America, spending as much time as possible in nature and on the mountains – sometimes even listening into client meetings as she snowboards down-piste.
Podcast Interview: Living in a Van Full Time as a Digital Nomad Marketer
In the audio interview we talk about:
- Why Elissa Jane decided to purchase the van when her son left home.
- Her reasons for opting for van living, as opposed to a digital nomad life without a vehicle.
- What it’s like living in a van and working full time.
- How her business, Chill Media North, operates, and who her ideal clients are.
- How she has been able to be more creative and more productive since living in the van.
- How she has undergone a personal transformation since her son left home, as a result of her new freedom, redefining her identity as a van living woman whilst also remaining a mother.
- Elissa Jane’s advice for other people over 40 who are thinking of becoming location independent.
- The best advice she has ever received.
>>Join the growing number of people aged 40 and above who are location independent, working from their laptops from anywhere in the world. Download my short, free eBook which shows you how to make a plan which is realistic and works for you<<