In the inaugural episode of The GenerationXit Podcast, I have Cris Gawlik, a location independent entrepreneur as my guest. 40 year old Chris is a very inspiring former maths professor who turned educational content developer. She’s been able to save an enormous 70% of her income for early retirement.
Cris has achieved this by scaling her business and moving to Mexico, a country with a much lower cost of living. She’s a tremendous entrepreneur, full of hustle, and a perfect guest to kick off the podcast. In addition to listening to this podcast, you can also read Cris’ blog, A Suitcase and a Smile, here.
In the interview we talk about:
- How and why Cris developed her business
- How she made the jump to location independence
- How Cris scaled the business with freelancers
- How she adopted a minimalist lifestyle to maximise savings and live a purposeful life
- Her early retirement goals
- Volunteering with Rotary International
Liked The GenerationXit Podcast? Step this way for more interviews
Would you like to get a free copy of my new eBook, Become location independent over 40? Get yours here.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment. Thanks for listening and I’ll see you in Episode 2!