Joining me today from the gardens of Kohub, a co-working space in Koh Lanta, is Ryan Champion, a 41 year old business coach from the UK.
Ryan specialises in supporting solopreneurs and freelancers as they start their location independent journey. His practical, outcomes-focused coaching helps folks to create a credible business offer, enabling them to reach income generation goals – and to avoid burnout while doing so.
Ryan understands what it’s like to take the leap into working in a location independent way, because he’s been a digital nomad himself for four years.
Today’s podcast is in the style of a business coach surgery. Questions focus on topics commonly asked by Ryan’s clients.
Podcast discussion with Ryan Champion, Digital Nomad Business Coach:
This podcast contains the following content:
- Ryan’s background and how he became a business coach. This includes his early work with corporate clients, and how he transitioned to working with solopreneurs.
- How his business coaching supports freelancers and solopreneurs.
- Business idea generation, and how to reduce many different ideas into a single plan for the future.
- How to avoid pitfalls by starting with the end goal in mind.
- How to maintain momentum by connecting with other entrepreneurs and freelancers.
- How to use market evaluation to decide whether an idea is good or not.
- How the location independent ‘sector’ is likely to grow in the future.
- The importance of developing the right mindset, knowing yourself and thinking through how you will be productive when you’re overseas.
- How to overcome imposter syndrome through thinking realistically about your situation.
- How to find support from peers and invest in self-development for the least amount of money while on the road.
- Ryan’s tips for other people who are thinking of becoming location independent.
- The best advice that Ryan has ever received.
Ryan on overcoming imposter syndrome:
Want to know more about Ryan Champion, the online business coach?
Ryan is offering readers some free 1-to-1 advice, for a limited time only. To take advantage of this offer, just head over to www.ryanchampion.me and enter your email on the homepage. You’ll receive an email from Ryan asking you a few questions about your situation.
Hit reply, and you’ll receive a personal response to help you with your best next step. Good luck!
Would you like to receive a PDF of this podcast discussion?
You’ll also receive future shows and PDF shownotes by email in future. No spam, only useful content – and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Want to subscribe via your usual podcast listener?
Liked The GenerationXit Podcast? Subscribe today:
Enjoying The GenerationXit Podcast?
You can do me a big favour by leaving a review on iTunes. Simply navigate to ratings and reviews and leave your thoughts there. The more reviews we receive, the more other people will hear about the show, helping them in turn to find their freedom and purpose.