Today we have Meredith Wilks on the show, a 53 year old location independent entrepreneur from Australia, who owns a boutique travel agency called Tiwari Travel. Meredith has successfully turned her love for independent travel and her personal connections into a profitable business which allows her to travel the globe.
Meredith’s business model involves using local partners to create outstanding, ethical travel experiences in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan. The bespoke tours result in amazing feedback from her customers and also put money back into the pocket of the local community.
Meredith goes out of her way to deliver a personal experience and sees her customers as “her personal friends”. It’s a successful approach, because she rarely relies upon marketing to obtain clients: her tours are so fantastic, all her referrals come from ‘word of mouth’.
In the interview we talk about:
- How and why Meredith started her business
- How she runs Tiwari and how she acquires customers
- How Meredith bases herself out of three countries – Australia, Thailand and the Lebanon
- How she keeps links with family and friends back home
- How being a digital nomad has changed over the years
- Her tips for other entrepreneurs who are thinking about setting up a nomadic business
- Meredith’s plans to scale what she is doing in the future, including her intentions to set up a sister agency
Would you like to get a free copy of my new eBook, Become location independent over 40? Get yours here.
Thanks for listening and I’ll see you in Episode 3!